Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weekend Proposition

So I left on Friday, got back on monday, and the whole time that happened I dabbed my foot into a door to door magazine sales job that sucked ass. The people were awesome. They were totally awesome. But, however, they were total stoners. I made up my excuses and bullshit, and everyone knew I just wanted to leave. It was obvious, knocking on doors for a living sucks, and not a lot of people can handle it, despite the hundreds of dollars you get in cash by the end of the night if you stick with it.

I took the Greyhound over there, and I took the Greyhound home. Honestly, what it came down to was just a long look at everyone I was working with. Obviously I was new. I quit 4 days into the program, got 3 training days, and 1 actual work day on my own where I came up with 3 sales, 30 dollars for a total of 11 hours of work. Still, if I stayed with it, I could've been making total bank just like everyone else. But, these people were doing this for months, years even, and I got to be honest, I didn't see myself wanting what they had. I looked at them and just asked myself, "Do I really want to be like them." Don't get me wrong, they were awesome and my favorite part about everything was the car rides where we were all packed and loud. But, they were stoners, transients, the "I don't give a fuck, I'm making money" crew. That's cool and all, and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's bad. I'm just saying I'd prefer to work graveyard at my gym consistently doing absolutely nothing, and get paid what I get paid, which isn't very much, and continue to not dread coming to work. It sure as hell beats knocking on people's doors.

Money is money. It really doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment