Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Friday Night pt 2, The Richmond Bars

(Running on empty)

The gas station was only 2 blocks away. I could see people standing at the bus stop.

"Hey guys," I said rather out of breath as I ran to the bus stop, "So my car ran out of gas back there and I was wondering if any of you guys would like to help me out."

After some consoling with each other, they agreed. It was 2 guys and 1 girl. The girl steered the car as us 3 guys pushed. As we pushed my car their bus came to pick them up, I promised them I would drop them off. I had probably already missed Kirsten by now, but I was still hoping. I dropped the crew off at Haight and worked my way back to where Kirsten worked. When I got to her work, I could see the lights weren't on through the windows. If Kirsten was there, she wasn't there anymore.

I wallowed myself over to the bars in Richmond. I knew if by some chance I wouldn't make it to Kirsten's work on time, it would be cool becauase then I would set off to Richmond to get in some much needed bar sarging time. But still, Kirsten not being there, I still sort of felt dwindled.

I scanned the first few bars. The first bar I went into seemed packed, but from wall to wall there was only Asian people. It was an Asian fire cracker party. I left and asked the bouncer what was up with all the Asian people. He replied by saying it was a birthday party. I'm not exactly into Asians. I'm not exactly into Asian game, it's a little different from normal game with any other American race.

I walked on the sidewalk peering into bars trying to figure out which bars were more packed than others, which type of sets were there, what type of people I was looking at approaching. I saw a girl from across the street go into your average Irish dive bar, The Bitter End. As I came in, I lost the girl, but I noticed one of those really hot college girls you see at college campus's that everyone drools over. She was part of a 3 set, as she fixed her hair into a pony tails, her arms pointing upwards.

I went over to the bar, made a tangent towards her, and tapped one of her elbows. "Hey," I said quickly, "You have incredibly sexy armpits!" She looked at me with a nervous weirded out type of look. After an unsuttle second, all her friends bursted out in laughter. I smiled and left over to the bar.

"So is that what you do?" I heard from behind me, "You're an armpit type of guy, how are my armpits?" said the other hot girl in her group. There was two hot girls and one sorta fatter plump girl in the group. I looked at her arm pits and poked at it. She huddled herself backwards and laughed. She was your normal party girl, your normal brunette party girl, pointy nose, poster unique features, you're average party girl. The blonde was your college angelic model, y'know that shy one, that you always wanted to talk to but would probably only date friend of a friend guys. She looked like a bitch.

We talked momentarily, "Hey," I said interrupting our conversation, "Hold on, I'm gunna grab a drink." I said as I left them. Behind me, I could hear the brunette say, "Hey Jon," I looked back, "I'm having a Budlight." I looked at them and said, "Umm okay. . ." One after another the fat girl and the blonde said, yeah me too. I payed no mind to them. As I waited to get a bartender's attention, I started chatting up one of the guys on a stool. He commented on my beer, Blue Moon.

I really shouldn't get her a beer. It was a shit test.

Shit-test: PUAlingo.com defines a shit test to be: often unconscious (and sometimes conscious) tests that women throw at men in order to quickly determine their social status. A shit test is a more specific instance of a “congruence test”.

Their full definition is: A shit test is when a woman gives a guy a hard time, usually for the purpose of seeing how he will react. Because women (especially attractive women) are hit on all the time, they have developed behaviors that quickly disqualify potential suitors that are not of a high enough value for her. The shit test is one way to do this. Shit tests can be challenges, IODs or reframes that an HB throws to test the PUA.


Usually women go out with the idea that if she flirts with a man he therefore will have to buy her a drink. Men who jump through these "hoops," usually plummel their efforts to get with the girl. In the end, she was just using you.

However! I was thinking about what I would actually say, if I came back to her set empty handed. And with 30 bucks in my pocket. I could practically buy her a drink. I eventually got her the drink and came back to the conversation. I asked her a lot of stuff, and then it got to be a getting to know each other interview, which sucked major ass. All three girls shared the same Budlight that I had bought them. I went through a couple routines, trying to fight off the fast pacing awkward silence coming and going into our conversation. I had several kino efforts, none worked.

. . . I should make a kino list right now to remind myself what I got. Will post that later.

As I was talking to her, and sort of not talking to her, I realized that my game has lost a lot of it's structure. Not only that, I was using that douchebag slightly shy tone where I was too laid back, and too cool for school, and not emphatic, and expressing joy. I was being that too cool to talk to you tone, which would probably work with friends, but going solo? No.

We tried to interact with her friends, but I kept failing, I kept hitting these question, answer, question asking purgatory, hold on I have another question, type of talking. I could see them packing to move to another bar and maybe catch the next low self esteem guy to buy them a beer. My target left me with the blonde and the fat girl and started talking to the 4 set of men at the next table. I'll be honest, I get jealous easily. I decided to leave. I went up to my target and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "You're leaving already," she asked. Of course I'm leaving, I did do everything wrong.

I left and came back. I opened a two set, got their attention, got in a few lines, but I couldn't hook before their other friends came through the door to take them away from me. Whatever, next bar.

I went down to Abbey's Tavern. It was covered wall to wall, and I was amazed. I couldn't tell what the time was, but I was pretty sure it was late. I really should designate days to go out sarging alone. I went over to the bar and asked the bartender if it was usually this packed and he replied that this was actually less packed than it should be. Beyond the bar on the other side of the wooden counter I could see my next target. I walked over to her; I call this the honest-explanation opener:

"Hey, so I just saw you from all the way across the bar, you are incredibly sexy!"

She reacted with joyful confidence and we were getting into a conversation, but one by one all 5 of her friends started leaving her. She ultimately had to leave. She told me to stay still and she'll be back, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that that's just something people say.

I walked by to the pool table.

I really have never been able to get that confident party guy mindset without a friend with me, and that was really just one time. I was practically still in that, shy guy but really need to do approaches, mindset. Changing mindsets are completely different in day game. You don't exactly need that loud-confidence, you just need to be confident enough to make your approach and tweak your game just enough so that you're not being too forward and personal.

As I was staring at the pool table being incredibly AFC, I saw a girl I thought was getting yelled at by some guy. It felt like a normal ex fighting with her ex situation. I watched just a little, and the guy ended up kissing her cheek, but in a very dirty try-too-hard seductive European douchebag type of way. Love or war, I was going to make this approach.

Some people think this is probably a stupid thing to do and is pretty much just asking to get into a fight. On the contrary, I've only been in one fight at a bar over a woman, and I won. I kicked his gaunt Chinese ass and wiped the floor with his face. This here on the other hand can work very well. Usually the guy who's overly aggressively with his kino tactics and his physical expectations would most likely ruin himself by just doing so, and if I could hook her in conversation I could pretty much make that guy look pretty AFC. (AFC as in beta, weak, retarded)

"Hey," I said getting the attention of both of them, "I don't know if this is you're girlfriend or anything, but I just got to say," I faced the girl, "she is absolutely beautiful."
"Oh she is beautiful isn't she?" the accented man said. He was you're kinda Spanish flair, y'know the guys with 5 buttons only two buttons on his polo buttoned, sweaty curly hair, sweaty everything actually, it looked like he had a miniature spray bottle that he probably sprayed on several times before he met someone. He was one of those complete international douchebags, it was obvious! When he talked it sounded like he was slurring saliva in his mouth and indulging in sourdough bread all at the same time.

The girl on the other hand rocked bleached white blonde hair. She was super stylish. She was skinny, and her face was incredibly beautiful. The guy backed off and left me with her, I think he came by once and kissed her knuckle in some creepy shinanigan. I pulled up a lot of things, some kino here and there, I kept playing with her hair, I pulled her hand up to make a palm read and she called me out on it, we talked about fashion and how she was from L.A. but she looked like the pin-up girl for San Francisco. It was when she mentioned that all the guys playing pool, all of them, were her friends. All 6 of them. That's literally 6 male obstacles. 6 male orbiters. (I'll write a thread about orbiters later.) I stayed in set. Obstacles really aren't that hard when you think about it. But, she then mentioned that she had a boyfriend. She could've been lying, but the truth is, boyfriend or not, she said that because she wasn't interested. I left.

I opened one more set before the lights signaled that it was game over for tonight. That last set expressed a boyfriend dilemma quickly on. I left the building. Someone called me a fucker for some reason, I think I was laughing at them. It was a totally AFC bar night.


* * * * * * *


I went into my car and headed over to my friend's work. I parked my car in his work garage, witnessed a fight, talked for awhile, and ended up walking to Subway, the sandwich place.

As I was on the street I saw a really pretty lady crossing the street. She was a lady, not a girl, not a fat adult woman, she was a lady wearing heals, a trenchcoat, and a cute puffy little hat.

We stood on the corner of the street; the stoplights overhead. I stared at her for a long period purposefully. As she turned to look back at me, I turned away. She laughed. "I just, really think you're pretty," I said without looking at her.

"Oh thank you, that's so sweet," she replied. We started chatting as we crossed the street until she mentioned that the bus that was stopping in front of us was the bus that she had to get on. This was good, this was a time constraint. Well it wasn't as good as it could've been, but it did tend to make her make a decision on whether or not to give me her number on a whim.

"I don't have a phone right now," I said automatically number closing her.
"You could remember it," she said as she relayed her phone number. It was an easy number to remember.

As she got onto the bus I walked up to the Westin Hotel and asked the front desk for a pen. I started writing the girl's phone number on my arm. "I just met a really beautiful young lady," I said to the front desk. First number of the night.

I opened another set at Subway, but it wasn't anything special. I'm actually just really tired of this day and just ready to move on to my next post.

If you have any question about the terminology I used, leave me a comment. If you have any comments, suggestions, relative feedback, do what you must in the comment section.

-Trig

No comments:

Post a Comment