Sunday, April 4, 2010

6:25am, Sunday Morning

(target audience?)

I just spent the past 3 or 4 hours crammed in an Acura with 2 other people, in Berkeley, and being that I'm the tallest, I just had to be stuck in the back seat. So not cool...

I know I said, I might not write about my night tonight, but it was writable. Actually very writable. Just not now writable.

I spent the past 7 to 8 minutes trying to build my target audience by following several other people. And, at first I wanted to just add a bunch of PUA's. But, before I could find a blog by a PUA, I realized that I should do a little more thought when it comes to what I wish my target audience would be. And to be honest, I just want my blog to reach the general public, not an underground PUA thinggy, if I wanted that I would've stayed on the forum.

No, I wanted to branch out. I want to be the guy who talked about larger subjects like dating and relationships, and being strapped in tightly to San Francisco.

Yeah, just thinking.

-Trig.

P.S. I'm new to blogspot, so if anyone has any ideas where I can accomplish reaching that target audience, please leave me a comment.

5 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make it as a writer? What is your motivation?

    If you want my 100 percent honest opinion, you need to clean up your grammar/spelling first and foremost. No one will take you seriously even with the littlest of typos.

    Once you've done that, come back and talk to me. I'll give you more tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to make it as a writer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To some extent. My day job is in journalism. I'm considering entering a master's program in creative writing because the focused nature of my blog has channeled my creativity in a way that has been immensely personally fulfilling for me.

    You can get pissed off about this if you want, but I say this as constructive criticism and not in an effort to knock you down: You're young, and it shows in your writing.

    Hey, why don't you leave your e-mail address in a comment on my blog? I moderate so I won't publish it live. We can continue this conversation in a less-public forum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhm, not very successful myself but these could help.

    Adding your blog to technorati, if nothing, gives nice backlink which Google just loves.
    Posting your blog link on sites popular and with more traffic than yours. Once again helps with google ranking you better.

    And for getting the type of traffic you want, you really have to join and advertise on related forums. e.g if you want people who are interested in PUA, you join pua forums and let people know you own a blog.

    Pretty obvious stuff but it has worked for me. I run a fairly okay medium size site with like 250-400 visits per day (not my blog).

    Content is key obviously. and its basically trial and error, you fail a few times, learn and then start again till you get good. My site was a failure 3 times before i could reach somehow the medium size traffic range. Hmm thats all i can suggest.

    PS: i posted my first pu post, thought i'd let you know since you said to :).

    Steyn

    ReplyDelete