Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Facebook? Really.

"It's all bullshit, there's only perspective."

-Angel's Game, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

After leaving Barnes and Nobles, after leaving Mar. After lifting around furniture, after getting a new revamped television in exchange for the one with the red line on the side, I pulled up my facebook. I've become lazier with my game and closer to my computer. Facebook being one of the many outlets to find single women, just naturally became part of my repertoire; it's where I found Grace. I've been compiling my status updates religiously, stealing several where I can find them, along with several ones I made up. I've been doing this for fun, the clever statements, the suggestive comments, all for fun. I checked my notifications and I found something unexpectedly nice. Nicole.

Nicole. Nicole was from Colorado. I randomly added her because I liked her face, and that's what I do, add random people, who's faces I like seeing. I didn't like my forty or so friends, so I started adding people as to not seem inadequate and unsocial. I try to add whoever I can find on the add-me sidebar, with the exception of anyone from High School or Church. I try to add anyone I could find when I gloss over my other relevant and irrelevant friends. So came Colorado girl Nicole, with her cute bunny like overbite, large prevalent eyes, and simple single girl attitude. Under my status update, "It's all bullshit, there's only perspective," she wrote, "I like this and agree."

I posted on one of her pictures, reply, cut to chat, talk talk, cut, "Hey do you want my phone number," I said. "Is that what it's like, you don't want my phone number?" she replied. Either way, I replied. 10 numbers, different zipcode. For the next hour we've had the most wonderful terrible reception. But, despite, our phone likeness, she's a really awesome girl. The type of girl, you'd have a beer with, who'd want to be friends, while you wonder when the right time is to make a move. Too bad her state would mean jumping over Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment