Saturday, June 5, 2010

Are you elite yet???

One night, contemplating why I suck so bad, I wrote this on TAF. It's now ripped from them, and put out for your entertainment.



A few nights ago someone told me that, I really shouldn't be using canned material, or something about an AFC trademark, and told me I'm too "experienced" to be at that stage.

My opinion:

Game is not a linear possessive type of things. It's not your bank account that you can grow and grow as long as you put your money in it. It's not your collection of unique incredible standard rocks. It is more like a game of poker, you have your good days, you have your bad days. You have your mean streaks and you have your year where you lose the most money out of all elite players at the tables.

I've had off days. I've had off semesters. The best time that my game is pulled out of me, is the beginning of a school year. My worst times are the spring and beginning of summer months. My tired months. My winded, blown, shit eating months. You? You.... You really think I'm elite because I wrote tons of field reports. I'm not. I'm not, or ever will be the best pick up artist, on here, on Earth, on several pages of literature. I'm one of the most emotionally construed guys in this world. If, maybe not in this world, absolutely in the current region of my personal community.

That so, I still haven't stopped. I can't stop. I stepped onto this plane, and I'm not coming out of it. Because there is no outs. You don't stop smoking, you just want it more. Some poker players, workers, sport warlords, hunters, priests, cooks, some days they lose their talents. Some days they strike a chord, and God, is it an awful chord. They go home, back to Ireland, back to their mom's house, press the refresh button, drink as much detox tea as possible. And one day, one special day, when they feel like watching old reruns of Will&Grace is enough, they step outside, and that first step is the beginning to another whole new magic carpet ride.

So yes, I'm doing awful.

Discuss.....

No comments:

Post a Comment